Edinburgh. St. Peter’s Church (Episcopal). Report of the Committee of Management of St. Peter’s Episcopal Church new building: with first list of subscribers. [Edinburgh: Pr. by Andrew Jack, 1859]. 12mo (21.3 cm, 8.375").  f., frontis., 18 pp.,  ff.; 1 plt.
Having been deprived of their places of worship by the establishment
of Presbyterianism in the late 17th century, and practically outlawed for some
time thereafter, Scottish Episcopalians had in many cases to wait until the
19th century before being able to build themselves suitable places of worship.
St. Peter’s Episcopal Church in Edinburgh undertook to build such a new
church in the 1850's, and settled on a fashionable Scottish neo-gothic design
by Slater of London, as discussed — and asprettily
illustrated by two lithographs — in this report and
fundraising scheme presented by the building committee.
either image, here,
No copies of this work were traced via the British Library online Catalogue,
CURL, the National Library of Scotland online catalogue, NUC Pre-1956,
OCLC, or RLIN.
Not in NSTC. Recent black cloth over light boards. Some
light browning to pages and plates, and a few traces of soiling; corners
bumped. Inscription in upper margin of first leaf inked out. Quite
PLACE AN ORDER | E-MAIL US
All material © 2018
The Philadelphia Rare Books & Manuscripts